If you or someone you know is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please call
Reaching out with technology
For teens. Call now for free.
Texting in a Crisis:
Rockland DBSA extends it’s deepest gratitude to all who have participated in our Speaker Series. Your time, knowledge, and care are an invaluable contribution to ourselves and our ongoing efforts.
If you have any topics you’d like to hear more on, or have a speaker you’d like to invite. please contact any board member.
- November 19, 2014: The Ups & Downs of Mood Disorders; Leslie Freeman Davis, Founder Rockland DBSA at Temple Beth Torah, Upper Nyack, NY
- September 11, 2014: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Dr. Lois Kroplick, D.O.
- April 18. 2013: Learn How Hypnosis Can Help Your Mood Disorder Control Your Racing Thoughts; Craig Caliciotti, C.Ht
- June 28, 2012: Understanding and Treating Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as it Relates to Depression and Anxiety: Laura Antar, MD, PhD
- December 1, 2011: What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)? How can DBT be used to help people struggling with Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders and Bipolar Disorder?: Pamela E. Straining, Phd
- April 7, 2011: How do your Behaviors and Activities Affect your Mood Disorder: Dr. Jeffrey Rudolph, PsyD, AABPP
- April 29, 2010: Chronic Pain and Depression: James Flax, MD
- March 18, 2010: Resiliency-Focused Psychotherapy: David Drassner, PhD
- February 4, 2010: Using DBT Mindfulness and Emotion Regulation Skills to Cope with Mood Disorders: Dominic Ferro, MD
- March 19, 2009: Why Does Psychotherapy Work? When Is It Most Beneficial? and When It Doesn’t Help-presented by Jeffrey A. Rudolph PsyD, ABPP and Barbara Albracht, LCSW
- June 18, 2009: Maintaining Our Emotional Wellness Through the Reproductive Life Cycle: The Impact of Hormones and Major Life Events on our Emotional State. – presented by Naomi Greenblatt, MD
- September 24, 2009: Ask the Doctor…Anything about depression, mood disorder, treatment, medication side effects, bipolar disorder and more: Ivan K. Goldberg, MD
- November 19, 2009: Grieving and the Process of Healing Using Cognitive Therapy: Lois Kroplick, DO, FAPA
- June 17, 2008 Richard O’Connor, PhD: Undoing Depression: What Therapy Doesn’t Teach You and Medication Can’t Give You
- April 8, 2008 — Anne Sheffield, Author: Relationships, Love and Sex–The Depression Fallout
- February 5, 2008 — Bertram Pepper, MD: Co-occuring Mental Health & Substance/Alcohol Use-The Inter-Relationships
- November 13, 2007 — Jeffrey Rudolph, PsyD, ABPP: The Importance of Relationships in Maintaining Health and Motivating Change
- October 23, 2007 — Ivan Goldberg, MD: Ask the Doctor
- July 10, 2007 — Shelby Harris Freedman: What is DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) and How Can It Help With Depression and Bipolar?